Children’s Supervised Visitation Center
YWCA of Central Virginia’s Children’s Supervised Visitation Center works to secure the family connection safely. Our well-established program provides a safe, monitored, child-focused environment where children can visit noncustodial guardians and family members.
Our program is located in our Town Center Location, which proves easy access through public or private transportation. The Center’s focus is to serve and protect children in Central Virginia who need a secure location for supervised visitations.
The Center serves families going through:
- Custody battles
- Neglect cases
- Abuse cases
Brenda Dunning, Visitation Center Coordinator
How Our Program Works
- How are children referred?
- Families are usually court-referred or recommended by attorneys, social service agencies, or other community agencies.
- Are the children and caregivers safe?
- Yes! Security cameras and YW personnel monitor all exchanges and visits.
- What Happens During a Visit?
- The noncustodial parent and the child or children are truly able to connect during their visit. Within our supervised area there are places to talk, play games, eat lunch — there is even a gym available.
- When can visits be arranged?
- Visits are held on the weekends and throughout the week by appointment only.
- All families must attend an orientation before visits can be scheduled.
- What is the cost of the service?
- Each visit costs $25 per hour.
- There is also an additional cost for the required orientation that both the custodial and noncustodial guardian must attend separately.
- How can I get more information on this program?
- Please reach out to our Visitation Center Coordinator by calling (434) 847-7751 and selecting option 2 to be connected to our Domestic Violence Prevention Program. The team there can provide assistance to connect with the Coordinator or directly assist you with scheduling an appointment.