YWCA is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities. For over 160 years, YWCA has been a leader in addressing the most challenging issues of the day, including women’s rights, safe labor laws, civil rights, affordable housing, pay equity, violence prevention, and health care reform. At YWCA of Central Virginia, our employees work to combine programming and advocacy to move the needle on three key areas: racial justice and civil rights, health and safety, and empowerment and economic advancement of women and girls.
Join us as we work on the front lines tackling some of the most pressing issues of our time. Our staff is creative, collaborative, smart, dedicated and inspired as we seek to build a world where all girls and women are empowered to safely reach their full potential.
Check out available job opportunities that are linked below or on our Indeed.com site. If no positions are noted below, please continue to check back with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
YWCA of Central Vigina provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Current Employment Opportunities
The YWCA of Central Virginia is seeking a full-time Director, Sexual Assault Response Program to provide leadership and expertise in the areas of sexual assault and human trafficking crisis intervention and primary prevention. YWCA’s Sexual Assault Response Program (SARP) provides free crisis intervention, support, advocacy, and information to survivors of sexual assault, abuse, and human trafficking as well as to family members and friends. The program also works to provide primary prevention opportunities to the community, and educational opportunities about sexual assault/violence, human trafficking, and personal safety. This position will be responsible for providing staff supervision, critical managerial support, as well as directing and overseeing the goals and objectives of SARP – a program under our comprehensive Victim Services department.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FULLY GRANT FUNDED. While it is anticipated that continuation funding will be available, it is not guaranteed.
Please click the link below to see the full job description and list of responsibilities:
Applications will only be accepted via Indeed.com and will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. Please use the link below to submit your application, applications will not be accepted via email or phone call:
Church Street Bridal Boutiques Keyholder-Rosemont
The Keyholder will be responsible for ensuring that the store is clean and organized, supporting the sales plan through effective execution of store and operational tasks, working on the sales floor with customers in a Consultant capacity, assisting all Sales Consultants on the retail floor, and opening and/or closing the store following appropriate protocols including financial protocols.
This position will be located at our satellite shop at Rosemont Manor, in Berryville, Virginia (16 Rosemont Manor Ln, Berryville, VA 22611). This is a part-time position, with no eligibility for benefits. Days and hours of work vary. Hours that may be requested for shifts will include weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Hours will vary dependent on appointments. The number of hours and duration of shifts is depending on store needs, and no set amount of hours are guaranteed with this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders, and payments)
- Arrive early to open the store and start preparations for the day using the opening checklist. Must be punctual!
- Leaving late to close the store
- Provide excellent customer services to any CSB guests and their families including handling complaints with care
- Ensure the store is clean and organized, including staff areas
- Work with financial transactions and ensure all monies are accounted for.
- Assisting the CSB Assistant Manager with the monitoring and maintenance store inventory
- Assist in making sure all employees and volunteers adhere to YWCA policies and guidelines; report any concerns with performance to the CSB Manager and/or CSB Assistant Manager
- Provide support for onboarding and training new CSB Consultants and Volunteers as requested by the CSB Manager and CSB Assistant Manager
- Assume managerial responsibilities in the event of management absentees.
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff through professionalism
- Other duties as assigned by the CSB Manager and CSB Assistant Manager, or the YWCA Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour
Please apply via Indeed only – no phone calls: