Want to Learn More?
Thank you so much for your dedication and compassion for the women and girls of Central Virginia! Here are so quick links and FAQ’s to help answer any questions you might have:
Frequently Asked Questions
YWCA’s administrative offices are located in downtown Lynchburg! Our address is: 626 Church Street | Lynchburg, VA 24504.
YWCA’s administrative offices are open Monday-Friday from 9-7pm; and Saturday from 10-4pm. Our Bridal Shops are open Tuesday-Friday 3:6pm; Saturday 10-4pm only. Please note that our offices and/or Bridal Shops may be closed on designated holidays, as well as due to inclement weather. We will update our social media about any holiday or inclement weather closings, so please be sure to check there. We will not change our phone auto-attendant.
Our Domestic Violence hotline (1-888-528-1041) and our Sexual Assault hotline (1-888-947-7273) will continue to be open even if the administrative offices are closed.
Your YWCA is here to help! In case of a medical or criminal emergency, please dial 9-1-1. However, for assistance from our trained team please call us day or night at our toll-free 24/7 hotline:
You do not have to need emergency shelter for us to provide other assistance, and you also may dial that number if you are concerned about a loved one, co-worker, or member of your community that might be suffering because of domestic violence.
Learn more about our Domestic Violence Prevention Program (DVPP) HERE
Your YWCA is here to help whether you are a victim of sexual assault or violence; or whether you have a loved one who is suffering. In case of a medical or criminal emergency, please dial 9-1-1. However, for assistance from our trained team please call us day or night at our toll-free 24/7 hotline:
Our Sexual Assault Response Program team also will respond 24/7 to our local emergency departments should a crisis occur. The team on duty at the hospital will call our team to provide accompaniment and support day and night.
Learn more about our Sexual Assault Response Program HERE
Thank you for your interest in our Town Center Housing Program. Please note that our program does have a few requirements:
- Applicants must provide proof of income; we are unable to provide free housing at this time. If you are facing homelessness please reach out to our community housing coordinator at 434-455-5722.
- Applicants must complete an application process
- Applications are only accepted from single, adult women. We are unable to provide housing for men or families — if you are a man or family facing homelessness please call our community housing coordinator at 434-455-5722. Further, our facility is a historic building – so we are not currently fully ADA compliant. Applicants with mobility issues may find our housing opportunity inaccessible at this time.
Currently, we have enacted a waiting list for housing. To learn more about the program please go HERE. To find out how to submit your application for the waiting list please call 434-847-7751 and select the option for our housing coordinator.
Thank you so much for your generosity. We do accept in-kind items for our program needs. Please take a look at the needs of our programs here: Program Wish Lists.
Should you have clothing to donate, please note that we may only take clean, gently used clothing. We are not able to accept heavily soiled, stained, ripped, or torn underwear — nor can we accept used undergarments per health codes.
Donations can be dropped off at our Town Center facility (626 Church Street, Lynchburg) Monday-Friday from 9-7pm and Saturday’s from 10-4pm unless our facility is closed for a holiday or due to inclement weather.
We are happy to speak to any group – large or small – about our work including on the topics of:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault and Violence
- Bystander Intervention
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Domestic Violence Prevention
- Low-Income Housing
- Racial Justice
- Civil Rights
- Gender Equality
Please reach out to our offices via email or by dialing 434-847-7751 and connecting with our Executive Director
Yes! Our Church Street Bridal Shops would LOVE to help you make your wedding, event, or prom a special day!
Church Street Bridal Shops are open Tuesday-Friday from 3-6pm; Saturday’s from 10-4pm. The shops are always closed on Sunday and Monday. Further, the shop may be closed on designated holidays and during inclement weather. Please check our social media or call us at 434-847-7751, option 1 to make sure we are open for business.
Do I need an appointment?
- No! Church Street Bridal works on a walk-in system. However, if you KNOW when you are coming by and are bringing your bride squad (#squadgoals) then feel free to give us a call so we make sure we have a consultant ready for you! Also if you need to visit us during different hours due to work limitations or if you are traveling from out of town, give us a call and we will see if there is something we can work out for you!
Are your dresses used?
- NO way! Our bridal gowns, formals, and accessories are all either fashion samples or brand new items donated by our fabulous friends and supporters in the industry.
Do you accept donations of dresses?
- Yes, but only if they are new -unworn gowns! Did you buy two wedding dresses just in case? Did you have a back-up formal gown? If so we would love to accept those donations!
Where do the proceeds go from your shops?
- All funds raised go directly into our direct-service programs providing assistance and support for women, girls, and families right here in Central Virginia!